Every Monday from 10:00 to 15:00 until 30 August, the National Library of Latvia (NLL) invites tourists and other interested parties to visit the Castle of Light. Visitors can tour a number of exhibitions, learn fun facts about the NLL and its history, take in the People's Bookshelf and enjoy the panoramic view from Levels 11 and 12.
The following exhibitions await:
- A Latvian Woman & Her Century (Level 1)
- Beethoven. Orbits (Level 1)
- Book in Latvia (Level 1)
- The Castle of Light and the Glass Mountain – the Story of the National Library of Latvia (Levels 1 and 12)
- A Letter from Cupid (Level 3)
- Archive of Lines. Drawings and Watercolours in the NLL Graphic Art Collection (Level 4)
- Boriss Bērziņš. Pages (Level 4)
- Latvian Military Cartography (Level 6)
- The Book Flood: the Nordics Meet the Baltics in Childen's Books (Level 7)
Visitors will be able to meet the NLL staff, learn interesting stories and facts on the history of the library, its building, special guests and events. Short films on the NLL and the Path of Light – Chain of Book Lovers campaign will be screened.
The Draugu telpa (Friends' Space) book, souvenir and design shop on the ground floor will be open from 11:00.
The NLL is open at the following times until 31 August:
Monday 10.00–15.00 NLL open for viewing, including exhibitions and the building gable on Levels 11 and 12. Reading rooms and Welcome Desk are closed
Read more about the Library's visit HERE.
Opening hours from 1 September:
Information provided by:
Head of Corporate Communications
National Library of Latvia
Phone: +371 29474534