The project "Cultural Capital as a Resource for Sustainable Development of Latvia" /CARD (No. VPP-KM-LKRVA-2020/1-0003) is funded by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia in the framework of the National Research Programme "Latvian Culture – a Resource for National Development" (2020-2022). The National Research Programme is administered by the Latvian Council of Science.
- analyse selected phenomena in the history of artistic production (in architecture, audiovisual and film art, music, performing arts, visual arts and design) and its role in cultural capital creation;
- examine current cultural processes through mapping, typologisation and interaction analysis of cultural ecosystem actor groups, as well as cultural participation manifestations;
- analyse the roles and transformations of specific kinds of cultural heritage in the cultural ecosystem, and the resources of memory institutions as a driver of diversity and value creation;
- study the diversity of heritage communities and other active societal groups (especially young people) and the range of novel practices and roles in heritage management and communication;
- explore and systematise methodological approaches to artistic and digital research in arts and cultural heritage studies and tertiary education;
- develop methodologies and methods of measuring social and economic impact of cultural and creative sector activities and propose monitoring indicators workable in Latvia's context; develop research capacity of thematic researcher groups, increase integration of the work done in the five partner institutions;
- transfer the relevant knowledge to policy-makers, practitioners and other stakeholder groups.
Project partners: National Library of Latvia (NLL), Latvian Academy of Culture, Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music, Art Art Academy of Latvia, Institute of Literature, Folklore and Art of the University of Latvia.
NLL team: Katrīna Teivāne-Korpa (projekta vadītāja), Eridana Žiba, Līga Goldberga, Ingrīda Peldekse, Dmitrijs Zinovjevs, Anda Baklāne, Kristīne Zaļuma, Dagnija Baltiņa.
Planned results of the NLL in the project: scientific publications, exhibitions, summer schools, methodology for work with special collections, etc.
Project implementation period: 01.10.2020.–30.09.2022.
Project funding: 1 000 035,00 EUR (NLL funding 170 000,00 EUR)
Funding institution: Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia in the framework of the National Research Programme "Latvian Culture – a Resource for National Development" (2020-2022)