From June 2017, the National Library of Latvia (NLL) is offering a new discovery service "Primo" that provides possiblity to search within library created Catalogues, online subscription databases and open access resources, simultaneously. The NLL is introducing "Primo" in partnership with the "Ex Libris-ProQuest" company and the Cultural Information System Centre.
"Primo" enables users to:
- simultaneously search subscribed and free-access databases, the Union Catalogue and databases created by the NLL (National Bibliography, Database of Small Prints and Graphic Editions, Database of Rare Books and Manuscripts, Multidisciplinary Database);
- order information resources from the NLL collections;
- access your library user’s account and extend loans;
- save your search results;
- access full texts in online subscription databases;
- build bibliographic references in accordance with international standards (APA, Harvard, MLA) using RefWorks, EndNote or EasyBib software;
- view citation information.
"Primo" services are available for registered NLL users by logging in using their NLL User ID and password.