You can visit the National Library of Latvia as:
READER OF THE NLL
Possibilities: The NLL Reader's Card allows reading books on the spot, using computers, and receiving all the services provided by the library.
What to do:
- When visiting the library for the first time, the reader must show his/her personal identification document, fill in the registration card, and make a photo at the NLL Welcome Desk. The NLL Reader's Card is made immediately free of charge.
When visiting the library repeatedly, the reader must show his/her Reader's Card at the control point of the NLL Welcome Desk and receive a control ticket.
Possibilities: A visitor can visit 8 floors (on Saturdays also levels 11 and 12) of the library and get acquainted with exhibitions, but cannot receive services provided by the library.
What to do: A visitor's band must be received at the control point of the NLL Welcome Desk.
Possibilities: A tourist can visit 12 levels of the library, being accompanied by the NLL guide.
What to do: To apply for a tour, call 22022920 or write an e-mail to email@example.com. Excursion fee: 2,00 EUR per person or 20,00 EUR for a group with 15 persons.
RULES OF THE NLL CLOAKROOM
- For the purposes of preserving the collections, it is prohibited to enter the library with bags.
- Bags can be left for storage in lockers or in the cloakroom.
- Lockers can be closed by putting a 1,00 EUR coin, which is returned once the locker is opened.
- Personal belongings, computers, and books from other libraries must be placed in specially designed transparent sacks or bags, which can be received in the cloakroom.
- It is prohibited to enter the library in outdoor clothing — it must be left in the cloakroom.
- It is prohibited to bring in food and beverages, except for drinking water in the original packing.
- The library disclaims any responsibility for the material values left in the cloakroom.
- Charge for the loss of the cloakroom ticket or locker key is 5,00 EUR. It is to be paid at the payments point of the NLL Welcome Desk.
The library disclaims any responsibility for the material values left in the cloakroom.